Thursday, April 3, 2008



I had to say goodbye to my baby. Zachary Thomas was his name. We got Zack as a stray. We had Zack for 12 years. Zack has been there for 3 births, 1 dog, a failed business, and nursing school. I cuddled with him every night, and he always wanted to sleep on my face. Instead Zack would have to settle for the other side of my pillow. Zack also loved heat, he was a heat mongrol. I would have to fight this cat for the spot in front of the fireplace. Zack was always the ever faithful companion during cooking. He diligently waited for thanksgiving dinner and you could hear him chirp mile away. Tonight my heart hurts. Zack's death was so peaceful. I knew it was time. He purred as my husband and I said our last goodbyes. I kissed him until the very end. I will forever feel in debt to the love my Zackie has given me. I love this animal so much. My grief is great. So funny how an animal can arouse such emotion. So Zackie please visit often especially when I make thanksgiving dinner. Sleep sweet Zackie, Sleep until we meet again. Eternally yours - Mom

No comments: