Tuesday, July 29, 2008










I personally think summer starts with my birthday. This year I did the carnal no-no and I worked on my birthday. My experience has alway been when you work on your birthday you get screwed on your birthday. However, I figured that since I work weekends only and my birthday fell on a monday I would be spared. However, the ever loving fates had a different lesson in mind. Imagine.....I'm driving home after my 12 hour graveyard shift. Thinking oh yes I have a bed calling me.

Bed- Andrea, you birthday girl. I have a nice soft, cool inviting bed waiting for you. Where you can slumber on this holy day (is that sac religious?)

Andrea- Oh bed, I just finished giving report to the poor soul, I mean nurse on first shift. Here I come.

Bed- I will prepare the mattress and make it extra comfy.

Andrea- Sweet...


Well after a short drive home things changed. I pull up in my driveway and low and behold here comes my two sons and a daughter greeting me from the door. I yell to them as they come flying out of door "But wait aren't you suppose to be in school?" Jared with a grin from ear to ear says "NOOOOOOOO, that severe thunderstorm last night knock the power out to the school we have a spring day!" As I bang my hand over and over on the steering wheel "Say it's not so," I yell to the cruel fates. So to make matters worse on my "special day" my neighbor comes across the lawn to ask if my children would like to go to Ann Arbor's hands on museum http://www.aahom.org/. So in a matter of mintues I went from being unscathed to if I say no I lose mother of the year. So I tell my well meaning neighbor "Well of course they would, what kid wouldn't." But the real question to be asked is does the birthday girl? NOOOOOO....needless to say the birthday girl stayed up for 29 hours straight. But hey the kids enjoyed my birthday.


No comments: