Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Raven took this picture from our porch. Can you believe that summer is almost over. I don't think I'm ready for the daily grind of school. Especially since I too will be going back to school for my BS and Masters. At first I thought I would go back for something other than nursing. However, I have decided that you can't outsource nursing so I will always have a job. I guess that is a bonus!
Plus, as much as I dread my job on certain days I think all things medical for me is like a drug. I love to see the blood and gore. I like the fact that not just anybody can step in and do my job. But I think my most favorite thing about my job is dressing changes. Since I work on a surgical floor we get the opportunity to do many dressing changes. The nastier the better. You know those wounds when you see them you cringe because you yourself feel their pain. Yeah those are the ones I enjoy. But I also like the stories. Crazy times, crazy patients and crazy co-workers. Where else can I get a blind man in restraints that has dementia arguing that I don't like black people. Or the heroin addict that is afraid of needles? are you kidding me! Good times......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is awesome. It is also very addicting!!! Tell the family "hi" for me!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what I mean by addicting, is that blogging can be very addicting. LOL ~Stacie

Allery said...

You are sick!! That's why I like you so much! ha ha! cute blog, and yes, it can be addicting!!