Monday, August 25, 2008

August 24th was our 15th Wedding Anniversary















August 24th was our 15 wedding anniversary. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around that! It doesn't even seem like we have been married that long. So for our 15th year Duane planned a weekend get away. I figured we were going to do things around our town. See Duane started school last Thursday and I start tomorrow. However, Duane being Duane kept saying but it's 15 years!

Needless to say thank goodness I married that man! Duane understands me, he gets me. Now keep in mind all of this was a surprise. For our weekend getaway he arrange for my sister and mom to watch the kiddies, planned and booked all activities. Plus he did it without my knowledge. Stan and Evelyn you did good, I wouldn't trade your son for the world!

So where did we go.....we stayed in Boyne Mi. We went river rafting in Indian River Mi, watched the sunset in Petoskey Mi, and also took in Mackinac Island. I must say that with the river rafting it was my first time and it was so peaceful and beautiful. We also got to add adventure to our trip we got caught in a huge thunderstorm. The first tease of rainfall we were able to tuck under overhanging trees and hold on to branches to keep from floating away. The second time it rained, it RAINED!!!! plus thunder and lighting. So we paddled for a few minutes trying to find cover. Finally we saw a overpass bridge the first in our river trip and we ducked under that.

Let me just say I love Michigan!!!!! I know that there are some that can't stand the weather and the winters, but there is no where I would rather be. Don't get me wrong I can be anywhere for awhile, but my heart belongs to Michigan, it really does.

Where can you go and have lake water that is crystal clear. When we were at the ferry dock that water was at least 10 ft and you could still see the bottom! Or in the mist of recent droughts in other states Michigan has fresh DRINKING water can we say bonus!

Also, the skiing that you can do in Boyne is great. I know it's a bunny hill compared to Utah's mountains but none the less it gets the job done:) And I won't even get into Mackinac Island, or the bridge.

This weekend for me was awesome so relaxing, peaceful and stress free. With all that being said... I truly believe -In all that man has, and will create, he can never duplicate the beauty that God as already made.

1 comment:

Judaloo said...

Congrats on 15 years!! AND going to school. What a load. Thanks for sending me the link to your blog. Looks like you had a fabulous time!