Friday, May 6, 2011

Times are a changing...Does that make sense.

  •  Times are changing for sure. I find myself in a renewed state of being from last year. When these pictures were taken last year after our arrival  I couldn't stop obsessing with the mistake (move) I had agreed to.  But now as spring has come around the corner I can honestly say moving to Utah was a good move for our family. Does this come with its ups and downs,  of course. Do I miss my friends, family and all things Michigan?  Hell yeah! But now my longing for all things Michigan ... is different. 

  • I have come to love this crazy state. I finally have learned the unspoken traffic rules that for one, you can run the red light in 3's and not get a ticket, most of the time.
  • Or that I can spend all day outside and never have a mosquito bite. 
  • That Utah has more parades in the summer then any state I have ever known.


  •  That besides for the greatest snow on earth there are some pretty cool places to hike.
  • That I can enjoy beautiful scenery on any given day.
  • The kids love their new school and all the new friends they have made.
  • That I finally feel like I belong at work and I'm not the odd man out.
  • That when I go to church these days, well I actually know names and faces and it doesn't feel like a vacation gone bad.
  • That the phrase "does that make sense" after every explanation doesn't make me want to back hand the person saying it anymore. Or pronouncing mountain, without the T. I guess you can say I have been beatin' into submission.


  • That the views at night are to die for.
But above all else, stay true to yourself and the rest will follow.





No comments: