Thursday, August 7, 2008

Detroit Zoo







Well, two of my kids Raven and Chelsea are off at girls camp. My neighbors left on Wednesday for a family vacation and the rest of us are home pouting. See this year the Domino family stayed home this summer. At first, I had no problem with this I actually welcomed it for a change. Now I regret it. I guess you can't go from Disney one year, Universal the next, to nothing. Not smart on Mama Domino's part. Duane on the other hand could care less, but that's Duane. So what did we do.....
The sorry souls that got left behind we went to the Detroit Zoo yesterday. I must say it was fun. But the better part of it was I did not have to lug around a whining toddler and a stroller. Don't get me wrong I love babies and all the stuff that comes with them. However nothing is better than little people that can walk and hold their own, sweet. With that being said....The zoo has this neat habitat for the polar bears (my favorite). It's called the Arctic Circle. You start outside and the habitat shows polar bears in the tundra, and let me tell you, that bear looked miserable. As a matter of fact it looked unnatural. I think polar, and picture a bear with a coke in his hand chillin' at the north pole and winking at me. But nooooo.... they have this poor bear sitting in the middle of the "tundra" panting. Then as you walk around this circle"habitat" You are slowly lead to the Arctic part. Thank goodness because I was about to get alittle hot under the collar with the whole polar bear thing. However the zoo came through and I got to see the polar bears up close. When we went into the tunnel with the tanks over head my only thought was I sure hope the plastic tunnel were in holds with that big you know what...bear walking on it. But rest assured I'm here so my worst fears did not come true LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice choice of pictures =]
Alena