Thursday, October 23, 2008

fall 2008







Now that I have a few moments to officially update my blog here is whats been going on in the Domino household.

Duane is busy working on his Masters degree. He recently applied for a position for the State of Michigan. We are keeping our fingers crossed. He currently works as a community organizer, but according to Gov. Palin those positions don't really have any responsibilities. LOL....anyhow, moving on. If Duane gets this job he will be be home alittle after 5pm instead of after 7pm.

Andrea, that being me. I myself am currently working on my BSN in nursing at U of M-Flint. WOOHOO, maize and blue are beautiful colors. I know I said earlier I hate nursing research, and let me say it again. I hate, hate, hate, hate it. Really hate it. The kiddies have kept me busy with homework, after school activities and what not. I decided to sign up for the whatever you need list at Brandon and Jared's school. Let me say I will not do that next year, I have been called for just about everything. Every week I do a walking club with each of the boy's class. I can't believe how much energy those kids have. Other than that, it's been nice to hang out with Maya, she has become my shopping buddy. What will I do next year when everyone is in school. HMMMM

Raven, Chelsea, Jared, Brandon, and Maya.......
  • Raven is in 9th grade and going on 20. She is enjoying high school and going to the football games on Friday's. Raven has continued to play the flute she is 1st chair for flute. This is her 3rd year being 1st flute, which makes us so proud:)
  • Chelsea is in 7th grade this year. Chelsea also plays flute, but her passion is art. Chelsea's goal this year is for straight A's, and she almost got it this marking period all A's and 1 B+.
  • Jared is in 5th grade. He also is trying for all A's. Jared and Chelsea like to compete against each other in this area. I of course am all for the health competition. Jared also this year is in choir at school as well as bus duty, which entails making sure the kindergartners make it onto the correct buses.
  • Brandon is in 2nd grade he is doing alittle better with reading. For those that don't know Brandon has dyslexia. Quick info moment...dyslexia not only entails flipping letters, but is not being able to sound out words you haven't seen before as well as having a difficult time spelling. Last year Brandon's self esteem suffered, but after understand what dyslexia is and what we need to do to help him we are all benefiting from the experience.
  • Well last but not least is Maya who is eagerly awaiting next year when she too will go to school. However, she does have a little boy who is her age and lives next door. So Maya is not with out a play mate during the day.

No comments: